Monday 21 May 2012

Review - Meadham Kirchhoff SS12 Nail Rock Wraps




The eccentric London based designers Edward Meadham and Benjamin Kirchhoff created an amazing dramatical SS12 show at the end of last year. It was all in all pantomime fashion at its best, where the teddy bear and heart covered designs were matched with with crazy dancing, and extraordinary neon and pastel face and hair paints. The colour explosion that is Meadham kirchhoff was destined to be translated into nail art, and this is exactly what Nail Rock made happen. The models all wore nail wraps especially designed for the show, which included teddy bears, dolls and animals. 

Luckily, these nail wraps are now available for all in the Topshop stores and here at ASOS.


The pack:


The pack comes with a nail wipe to prep the nails, a cuticle stick and a nail file. Instruction on how to apply the wraps are also included in the pack.



The results:





Review:

I bought the nail wraps a couple of weeks ago now, and I have been so excited to finally be able to use them. I absolutely love Meadham Kirchhoff, therefore I also love the Nail Rock designs immensely as they are just such a genius, simple idea. However, the thick wraps are quite difficult to smooth over the nail, especially around the edges. You can see in the photographs above that there are quite a few bumpy bits. I bought them for £7.50 in Topshop which I did find quite steep, especially being a penniless student. Next time I think I will leave the creativity to myself and have a play around with some Meadham Kirchhoff inspired nail art. x




1 comment: